Keford was established in 1950 by Bud Keenan and Joe Siford (Keford name).The original location was 8501 Fenkell, Detroit MI.
It originally offered used car clean-ups and auto body and paint work for local Cadillac Dealerships in the City of Detroit. After a serious accident while driving a casket truck, Jack Herrington became a partner with Bud Keenan after Joe Siford retired in 1964.
Jack Herrington became sole owner of Keford in 1966, after Bud Keenan retired.
In 1980 Jack decided to move the business to the current site in Novi Michigan. It was then that Keford heavily invested into frame and unibody repair equipment and climate controlled paint booth and paint prep areas.
The collision center grew from $200,000 annual gross sales to over $2,000,000 between 1980 and 1997. When Jack Herrington retired in 1997, his sons Tim and Tom Herrington purchased the auto body shop. They run the business today with their brother Steve Herrington.
Our Keford Collision Team is community oriented:
- Sponsor Little League Baseball Teams
- Muscular Dystrophy 10k Run
- Novi Lions Club
- Farmington Hills Chamber of Commerce Member
- Novi Chamber of Commerce Member
- Better Business Bureau Member
- Novi Police Officers Association
- Captains and Lieutenants Association
- Local Baseball teams
- Finesse Fastpitch
- Huron Valley Patriots
- Sponsor Local High Schools
- North Farmington
- We proudly partner with
- Performance Collision Center Zionsville, IN
- Auto Body Masters Carson City, CA
- Crystal Lake Automotive Lakeville, MN
- DJ Sullivan Collision Center Marshfield, MA
- Dave’s Collision Center Flemington, NJ and Easton, PA
- Dunshee Body and Frame Kalamazoo, MI
- Gold Coast Auto Body Chicago, IL
- Nagy’s Collision Specialists Doylestown, Orrville, Millersburg, Wadsworth, Spurgeon, Wooster, OH
- Robarge Collision Inc. Spanish Fork, UT
- Rutherford Auto Body Canal Winchester, Pickerington, OH
- Ultimate Collision Repair Edison, NJ